To create an SEO website you need to take care of the following aspects:
- The hosting.
- The Dominion.
- The SSL / TLS certificate.
- The structure of the information.
- The title tags, meta tags and H1.
- The use of the right words ( keyword research ).
- The quality of the content .
Surely they have repeated to you many times the importance of appearing in the first Google results . It is not by chance: as we explain it well here , the relationship between SEO and getting new clients is closer than you imagine.
Now where do you start?
In this article we will share our pencil roadmap so that you know what are the essential aspects that you must adjust to create your SEO website and thus start a successful search engine positioning strategy.
- 1 Preliminary technical actions for an SEO website
- 2 Elements of an SEO website
- 3 What should you NOT do while creating your SEO website?
- 4 Conclusions
Preliminary technical actions for an SEO website
There are at least 3 technical factors that can influence the optimization of a website:
- The hosting (physical space) in which it is hosted.
- IP adress.
- Safety certificate .
The assertive purchase of each of these components depends on how informed you are of how they work and what you need them for.
Choosing a quality hosting provider
We already said it above: a hosting is the physical storage in which all the files that will make up your site will be . Its capacity is variable and will depend on what you intend to do on the web: sites with many pages and uses will need more memory.
As Federico Rodríguez from Inboundcycle describes it , hosting influences several aspects when you create an SEO website. The main ones are:
- Loading speed : time it takes for your portal to display.
- Uptime : how many hours a day your site will be available to users.
- Reliability : buying your own hosting is like acquiring a safe space for your visitors. Only when you have the right conditions, you will generate the credibility for them to approach you.
Now, where can you buy secure, fast and efficient hosting that meets the performance standards you need?
In our experience, GoDaddy can be a great option.
- Bluehost .
- HostGator .
- Hostinger .
Remember that when you decide to buy the land on which you will build your house, you will need to be sure that you will receive good care and efficiency.
Manage TLS or SSL security certificates
TLS or SSL certificates are a key and a shield: they secure the data in your server’s chest and protect your site from users in the browser.
TLS and SSL are acronyms for “Transport Layer Security” and “Secure Sockets Layer”.
The first is the updated version of the second.
Because they are important?
Because they declare confidentiality, integrity and authentication to search engines .
To determine if a site has a security certificate, check if its URL begins with HTTPS and if it has a lock.
The impact of a TLS certificate, according to Michal Pecánek from Ahrefs , is recorded in the following points:
- Signal light range ( lightweight ranking signal ) : Google ranks sites HTTPS as guarantors of privacy (which has a positive impact on your SEO).
- Security and trust : if you cannot generate secure connections, your bounce rate will increase dramatically, as many users will leave your portal when they see that you are not trustworthy.
- Adaptability to modern protocols : certificates allow you to update your site with the latest technologies available in terms of web security and performance.
And as our pencil route is designed to help you in everything, we share this Techradar article so that you can know the best providers of security certificates.
Get a dedicated IP address
An IP is the identity card of your site and is made up of a series of numbers that denote a unique address.
With an IP you declare what type of device (in this case a website) is interacting on the Internet.
However, as is often the case, this ID can be shared to lower costs. So it is quite common to associate an IP with more than 70 domains.
What’s wrong with sharing an IP? In principle, nothing.
Now, if you share the same vehicle registration with 70 people, how can you be sure that you will not be stopped for a traffic violation that you did not commit?
Dedicated IP addresses can help you shield your website and your future SEO strategy. According to Woorank , these are the reasons for opting for full ownership of a license plate without violations:
- Quick response.
- Correct installation of a security certificate.
- Ability to receive high volumes of traffic .
As with security certificates, we leave you this link to GoDaddy so you can see how much a dedicated IP address costs.
If you want to go even deeper into these technical details that will help you to have a better web positioning, you have this pencil article.
Elements of an SEO website
Once you know the most important actions that you must take before creating an SEO web page, now we will explain what are the considerations that you must attend in the conceptualization and design process.
A portal that plans to do SEO must be friendly, both for users and for search engines .
To achieve this, you need to build the information architecture of your website . With it, you will be able to rank the contents and clarify before Google what you want to position.
The parts of the website that you must define more precisely in your information architecture are the Home , Services, About us , Blog and Pricing pages .
You must make it easy for Google and your users to navigate within your website.
How to do that?
Grouping your content into sections, according to the importance they have for your potential clients.
Ideally, for your portal to be optimized is that it does not exceed 3 levels deep .
In addition, to make an architecture that is easy for Google to scan, it is recommended that you start from a Home page.
From there you should allow the user to jump to the Services, Blog, About Us and Prices sections.
In this way, there will be a precise hierarchy and the access of Google spiders to your website will be much more user-friendly, coupled with the fact that you will allow your visitors to navigate in a simple way.
Title tags and meta tags optimized with keywords
Title tags and meta tags will be essential in all sections of your portal for two reasons:
- They will tell the search engine what your website is about.
- They will be your cover letter in front of users.
It is important to be clear that the title tag is the title that your pages have on Google.
For its part, meta tags are those small descriptions that you see just below that title.
Creating eye-catching title tags and meta tags will attract more people to your pages.
The weight of this aspect, when it comes to positioning itself in Google, is very high.
Home: What should the main page of an SEO website contain?
The Home is the main page that your users will see.
It is vital that whoever enters there can clearly understand what your portal is about.
In addition, you should try to keep reading and have the possibility to go easily to the other sections of the site.
All the information that is presented has to be highly digestible.
In our case, it is clearly appreciated what we do in web positioning
It is important that the home page of your website has an H1 (internal title) that indicates what it is about or what the company does.
A successful home can be considered if the user answers the following questions:
- Where is the company?
- What are you doing?
- As it does?
Home page examples
- Main image : You must use a design that explains what the company offers. The title, subtitle and call to action will be on the right (underlined or in bold, depending on the visual identity of your brand).
- Title (H1) : It is the header of the page. In three seconds, it will tell visitors what your company does, what it has to offer. It should be clear and simple. In addition, it must contain a differentiating value proposition.
- Subtitle : Put a brief description of what you offer. This is the ideal space to focus on a common concern of your company’s target. Avoid highly technical terms. Prioritize the benefits of your products or services. The information you put here is a good candidate to be the description (meta tag) of this page.
Services page: how to introduce yourself to attract prospects?
This is one of the most important sections. Therefore, you must offer perfectly explained information, as it is the one that will most interest your potential customers.
How well or badly this page is structured will depend on the capital that can enter your company.
By adjusting this section, you will not only improve the positioning of the website, but users will be satisfied after reading clear and precise content, with which you can convert visitors into prospects.
It is necessary that this page contains the answers to frequently asked questions that users have in relation to your products and services.
Like the Home, on the services page you will have to place:
- An H1 similar to the title tag assigned to the page.
- An introductory paragraph detailing the purpose of the section.
- An explanation, in a visual and simple way , about what are the steps that your company takes to make a product or provide a service.
We: the faces behind the company
In these times it is impossible for you to concentrate just on selling, on closing a transaction.
You need to attract people who share the same values that your company has and achieve loyalty.
To do this, you must, above all, offer a first-rate experience.
In this sense, transparency is an essential aspect for users when making a decision.
They will always lean towards that company that offers them responsibility and closeness.
Prospects empathize with people and like to know who is on the other side of the computer.
Seeing the faces of a company’s employees gives them more confidence.
At seomaster we attach great importance to humanizing the brand, so that all users who access the page see faces and that relationship is generated that goes beyond the transactional process.
The About Us page is a great opportunity to explain to users why we do what we do, connect with them and earn their trust by showing them the most personal side of the brand.
It is vital that on this page you make clear what characterizes your company and how it was born, who you are or who they are, what you can do for others and a contact to communicate with you.
Blog (or project page): customer magnet for your website
The bulk of your content will be in this section. That is, all the informative texts that will answer the questions of whoever enters your website .
Some good ideas to place on the blog are the benefits that you can offer the consumer if they purchase your product or service and the differences between your company and the others in the market.
- The blog has to be organized by topics and categories.
- All content marketing should be exploited in it and it is the ideal section to sell what you are and what you do.
- It is essential that it is useful for your users. Therefore, the content must be developed in a simple way. Avoid using technical terms.
- Build an internal navigation system with links to other articles on your website.
It is very important to include calls to action in the texts, to bring the user closer to a possible purchase.
Good examples of call to actions could be: Subscribe or Add to cart .
The projects page , on the other hand, has the function of displaying your work. It is essential if your company provides services that can be evaluated by their visual characteristics (as in the disciplines of design).
A portfolio or project page should generate this feeling in the prospect: ” I want them to do to me what they did to them .”
Recommendations for a projects page are as follows:
- Shows the work in progress behind each delivery . This way you will demonstrate the creative capacity of your company.
- Don’t select only the best . It can also be valuable to show that they have been part of a process in which learning has been constant.
- Communicate versatility . Even if your company is dedicated to web design only, include some alternative work.
Prices: the last station on the journey of conviction
According to what Marcus Sheridan said in his book They Ask, You Answer , before making a purchase decision, prices are the most sought-after information by a user on the Internet .
Therefore, you must produce content that explains the reason for the cost of each of your products or services.
You don’t need to be too specific, but the idea is that your potential clients know what variables affect a project’s budget .
A website optimized for SEO must be easily accessible for both users and Google robots. Some key aspects to optimize accessibility are the following:
- Robots.txt file: Allows us to hide from search engines the pages that we are not interested in positioning.
- HTTP status codes: It is common to find errors on our website such as the popular 404 error. We must be very aware of these errors (Google Search Console will be very useful here) and solve them as soon as possible.
- Sitemap: It is an XML file that allows search engines to understand the hierarchy of information on your website.
- Web structure: It is recommended that the structure be no more than 3 levels deep, that is, that no page is more than three clicks away from home. This will make it easier for Google to read your site and then index it.
- Web speed: Loading time is in the top 10 ranking factors out of about 200. Ideally, keep loading times as low as possible.
What should you NOT do while creating your SEO website?
What you should avoid at all costs is creating texts that do not correspond to the keywords that your website needs for its positioning.
If you wear 5 shirts at the same time and forget about pants and shoes, will you be dressed?
In SEO, being covered is not wearing many clothes at the same time, but wearing the ones that create the best outfit.
Before concluding, keep these three things in mind:
Don’t overuse keywords (keyword stuffing)
Creating content full of irrelevant keywords will cause users to immediately leave your website, increasing the bounce rate .
If people ‘bounce’ out once they’ve visited one of your pages, you’ll lose ground on Google.
Because, remember, Google is at the service of users and cares a lot about their behavior.
If your pages act as a repellent instead of a magnet, the search engine will consider your page unwanted or without valuable content.
As a last consequence, overusing keywords risks Google penalizing you for trying to hack the algorithm.
Plagiarism: the line you should not cross
You must avoid plagiarism to other people and also within your own website.
Avoid having different pages have exactly the same information .
This error usually happens when you have products with similar descriptions.
Absence of titles and subtitles
The absence of titles and tags in your content will make it difficult for search engines to crawl.
Without the presence of headings that rank and order your content, Google can interpret that your site will not be user-friendly.
Creating an SEO website is painting and arranging our living room to wait for visitors: every detail that we adjust is a piece of furniture that we have or a painting that we straighten.
In this case, Google verifies how cozy our house is to let those who come to visit us pass.
Optimization depends both on the actions of content and organization of the information, as well as on the assertiveness when obtaining the technical services that support our website.
This is the starting point.
From it, you can launch your SEO campaign with the assurance that the platform is solid and made for you.